More about myself

Glenda. 25 years old. Female. Singaporean.
Jaw surgery scheduled on 23rd May 2018.

** Do head over to https://sg.carousell.com/snowingstars/ if you feel like shopping :) **

Monday, April 2, 2018

Weird thing on my face.

Took a half day off work on my first Monday in a brand new month of April for the face-bow appointment with my Surgeon. I didn't really know what to expect and I refrained myself from Googling what is face-bow all about as I am afraid that it will be scary and the results will only make me even nervous. Also, I already have so much negative thoughts going in my head and I don't see the need to increase the amount of negative thoughts I already had, obviously.

Went for the appointment with a heavy heart but everything is good and it's pretty much painless except when the face-bow equipment is on my face. It was so uncomfortable as two rods were stuck into my ears and I couldn't hear what the people around me are talking about and everything I heard was murmurs to me to the extent that the Surgeon has to be in front of me to let me know that the face-bow can be taken off my face already. You guys can go Google what that is because all I know is that measurements of my face are taken throughout this whole process.

The Surgeon's assistant then proceeded to take photos of my face in different angles before we conclude today's appointment. I wonder if I can request for those pictures though I don't really want to see them at all.

The next appointment will be at the Surgeon's in two weeks' time and it's when we meet to finalize everything and to settle the date for my operation. I am crossing my fingers I will be able to get the date I want my surgery to be on as you will need to "queue" for the date and it seems like it's hard to get slots during the school holidays period... Why ah?

Honestly, I have wanted to get my surgery done in a private hospital but I don't have the extra money for that extra comfort.. Reality hurts aye.

Let's see what the Surgeon will have to tell me in two weeks' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment